Okay, so, in an attempt to conserve space, I am going to recount the rest of the London adventures in this last blog. At least that is the plan. We'll see how it goes.
Over the next two days, we engaged in a good bit of shopping. Some of the best shopping in the world can be found in London, and let me tell you...we searched for it. And I think we did a pretty good job of finding it too. :)
Additionally, we found ourselves attempting to be normal Londoners by spending a few hours in Hyde Park and Kensington Park. And they were wonderful. Within the gates of the parks we found the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain, the Peter Pan Statue, lots of people walking and lounging, a few games of pick up football (soccer), Kensington Palace, the Round Pond, and much much more.
After our stroll in the park, we checked out Portobello Road in Notting Hill...the longest road of antiques in the world. Awesome. Just awesome. An interesting place filled with interesting sorts of people and shops, I found myself humming the tune from the old Disney movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks." Nerdy, I know, but not entirely surprising from me.
Anyway, after a few more lovely English meals in fantastic little English pubs and restaurants, we found ourselves concluding our weekend by seeing "Mary Poppins" in the Prince Edward Theatre in London's West End. Excellent. Just fantastic. The whole show was just top notch....I loved it. Really a perfect end to a wonderful weekend and a great trip. :)
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment