So I had taken a bit of a hiatus from blogging...partly because last week was midterms week and I had to do A LOT of studying (gross!) and partly because I wasn't sure if anyone actually reads my blog. In the meantime, however, I have learned that some people actually do read my blog (yay!), so I am going to be more diligent about posting.
Anyway, like I said...last week was midterms. Though I only have four classes, I had five exams...in two days. Awful. I don't think I have ever, in my whole life (this is probably an exaggeration), studied as much as I did last week. And, (insert sigh) the teachers are right. It pays off. I have gotten four of my five grades back, and I did remarkably well...even better than I had anticipated on some exams. (Please read this Mom, Dad, and anyone else who was concerned that I wasn't studying enough...I'm not wasting all my time here...honest!)
Enough about exams though...those are boring. Finally, after the lllloooonnnngggg midterm week was over, a few of us rewarded ourselves with a weekend trip to Venice. What a beautiful city! The trip was fantastic. We enjoyed amazing food, great shopping, beautiful sights, a museum or two, and stayed in the greatest little place!
Because there were eight of us, lodging originally looked as though it might be a bit of a problem. Upon doing a bit of research, however, we found the nicest little house about 30 minutes outside of Venice, in a little town called Vigonza (population approximately 250). In this nice little town, we had our own little house, complete with a kitchen, dining area/living room, and space for everyone to sleep...and it only cost 15 euro per person per night! (About 19-20 dollars). It was definitely a great situation....making our nice little weekend even better.
Anyway, I have to run. I have homework (yes, homework...sick) to do, and it's already 8:30!
Talk to you soon! Ciao!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment